Kendis system offers extensive logging mechanism in case you face some issues while using Kendis in your local self-hosted setup.
These logs provides ways for Kendis team to identify the issues you are facing and provide the remedy.
By default Kendis keeps a minimum logs set and it's always saved under "kendis.log" file. If the size of the file increases, then Kendis system will start splitting the file and add numbers like "Kendis.log.1", "Kendis.log.2" The file with the highest number would be the latest.
Extended Debugging Logs
If you are facing issues in some specific scenario then enabling extended debugging logs would be very useful. To enable extended logs follow these steps
- Go to <URL-for-your-Kendis>/system
- Default username for the system section is "sysadmin" and password is "admin".
- Click on the "Logs" option on the left navigation menu
- Click on the "Enable Debugging" link at the top right corner
- Now navigate to your normal Kendis board where you are facing the problem
- Repeat the steps where you are facing the issue.
- Navigate back to system dashboard and go to Logs section
- Refresh your browser
- Download "Kendis.log" file
- You can share this log with your Kendis account manager or send it to the email@example.com with the details of the issue you are facing and steps to reproduce.