Team is just a label in Kendis. You don't have to link team to any custom fields etc in Jira. Linking between Jira and Kendis team is done by mapping it to Jira Scrum Board.
Following 3 things define Team in Kendis
- Title: Full name of the team (e.g., Star Wars)
- Label: Maximum 5 chars, it's kind of short name, e.g., (SW)
- Color: Select the color of your team
How to Create and Edit Teams
New team can be created at 3 different places
- At New Board: While creating new board, you can create team or select from the list of existing teams. It is not possible to edit the team at this screen.
- Edit Board Settings: Under Teams tab at Edit Board Settings, you can create new team or edit an existing team label, title or color
- From Admin Settings: Click on the settings at green left panel and then select "Teams", you can create new teams or edit existing teams names.
How to Map Team to Jira
To configure team at Kendis to corresponding Jira Scrum board, follow these steps
- Mouse over any team name and it will show a small settings icon (cog), click on it and that team's sprints settings dialogue will appear.
- Alternatively, you can click on the board settings button at top right corner, then select "Edit Board Settings" and then click on "Teams" tab. Then click on the settings icon for the team
To configure the team at Kendis to Jira, you need to select following fields
- Jira Project: This dropdown shows all the projects from Jira where the user has access to.
- Board Name: List of Scrum boards under the selected Jira project
- Item Type: Default item type, e.g., Story (This setting will be used when creating new stories at the board under feature)
- Sprints: List of the sprints from Jira. "No Container" means, the cell at the team board is not mapped to any sprint in Jira.