Kendis provides multiple different installation options. In this article, we will explain, how to install Kendis on native Linux 64 bits.
- Download Kendis Linux compatible binaries from this link.
- Extract kendis-server-linux-x86_64.tar file to any of your folder with tar -xvf kendis-server-linux-x86_64.tar
- Now change to bin directory kendis-server-linux-x86_64/bin and run "sudo sh startup.sh"
- Once server startup get finished you will see the following logs
| Server Running on port :8282 |
| Kendis App server is now running. |
| You can access using host port you have given while setting up Docker |
| e.g http://127.0.0.1:8282/ |
| or http://<host-ip>:8282/ |
Server will run on default port 8282 if you wants to change its port, you can change port by editing /bin/kendis/app.config
There are no daily auto backups (In Docker installation, there are nightly backups). For this setup, you need to run the following command to take the backup and perhaps can write your own script to perform frequent backups
> sudo sh bin/backup.sh
Instructions to Configure External Database
Kendis enterprise self-hosted version comes with an internal MongoDB database. However, in case you need to use an External Database then follow these steps
Kendis only supports MongoDB v 3.6. You need to make sure you are running this particular version of MongoDB.
Go to the kendis-config mapped folder and find the file "app.config". This file is available at /kendis-server/bin/kendis/app.config
- Edit app.config and edit hosted DB properties.
db.host=<IP or DNS address where Mongo DB is accessible >
db.port=27017 (change if it's different)
db.name=<your db name>
db.user=<database user name>
db.password=<database user password>
- Save the file and close it
- Now stop the Kendis server and restart again
After installation is successful, please remember to change the default password for the /system URL.
1) System Requirements
To be able to run Kendis smoothly at your local self-hosted environment, you should have
Following are recommended specifications for the server where you want to host Kendis. Please note, you would need to adjust these numbers based on the usage. However, they are a good starting point.
- Minimum 8 GB
- 16+ GB is recommended for smooth performance
- Minimum 20 GB storage for logs, database, and other system-level storage requirements.
- 30+ GB is recommended
- Quadcore 2.0GHz+