Kendis has 2-way real-time integration with AzureDevOps and TFS. All the changes made in Kendis are updated immediately to AzureDevOps/TFS using REST API.
Service hook is a mechanism that make sure, changes made in AzureDevOps are reflected in Kendis in real-time.
Service Hook Setup
When you load a project at your Kendis board then a service hook is created for that project in AzureDevOps/TFS automatically. In majority of the cases, service hook will be created so make sure it's "Enabled".
Example of Working Service Hook
Manually Setup Service hook
In case the user doesn't have the rights then the service hook will not be created and you can follow these steps to create the service hook manually in your AzureDevOps/TFS.
- Go to your Board Settings and copy the Webhook URL (service hook is currently labelled as webhook), which is available next to load project screen (you don't need to load the project).
- Now go to your AzureDevOps and click on the project settings.
- Now go to "Service hook" section at the settings
- Create new Service hook using the URL from Kendis board
Settings at Service Hook
- You need to repeat the steps for each of your projects that you have loaded on this board.
We are not seeing updates made in AzureDevOps in Kendis
Go to your AzureDevOps, select project and then go to project settings. Make sure, the service hook for Kendis is not disabled.
For further debugging for your service hooks please check this article from Microsoft. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/service-hooks/troubleshoot?view=azure-devops
If service hook is enabled and still you don't see the updates, please refresh your browser and check if the updates are visible then.
In case, still facing issues, then better to raise a ticket to Kendis support team or contact live chat support.