Kendis supports integration with the Active Directory (LDAP) for
Follow these 5 steps to configure Active Directory Integration
Step 1: Navigate to LDAP Setup
On the left navigation, click on the settings and select "LDAP Setup" as highlighted on the screenshot.
Step 2: Enable LDAP Options
You can choose to enable both authentication and authorization of the users with your Active Directory Users and Groups.
- Authentication : Users will be authenticated from the LDAP
- Authorization: You will be able to assign the LDAP users and groups to the boards collection. In simple terms, access to your boards will be managed. It is an optional settings, however, it's highly recommended to enable it.
Step 3: Provide LDAP Server Settings
Provide the values for your LDAP (Active Directory) settings
- Host Name: Host name of the LDAP server.
- SSL: Click the SSL check box if you want to use the ssl
- Port: Port you are using for LDAP server.
- Username: User to login in LDAP server.
- Password: Password of the LDAP user you are using to login in LDAP Server.
- Base DN: Root node in LDAP from which to search for users and groups.
- Additional User DN: Prepended to the base DN to limit the scope when searching for users.
- LDAP Type: Select your option (Keep "Active Directory" as your selected option)
Step 4: Test LDAP Connection
After you have provided the values for your LDAP, click on the "Test" button. If all is working fine you will see the confirmation message.
Remember to press the Save button.
Step 5: Grant board rights to the LDAP User
After successful LDAP configuration, anyone in your organization who have valid account will be able to authenticate and access Kendis. However, they will not have access to any boards and will see the empty message after login.
You can choose the users and groups from LDAP and assign them to different board collections in your account.
- Go to Board Collections under Settings
- Click on an existing board collection or create a new board collection
- On the left hand side, you will see the search box
- Type the user or group name in the search box
- Select the user or group and add it to the board collection
- While adding the user, you need to select the "Role" of the user or the group.
Once users are added to the board collection, after login, they will be able to access these boards.