Integration with Kendis is very simple. For Kendis to Jira, we use Jira Rest API and for Jira to Kendis updates, you would need to setup webhook at Jira. In next sections we will explain these steps in detail, it's super fast to establish the connection.
Important: In this article we assume that your Jira server is accessible via internet, meaning you don't have to use VPN connection or have to be behind your enterprise network to access Jira. Also, if your Jira URL ends with atlassian.net then you are using Jira Cloud, e.g., demo.atlassian.net would be Jira cloud URL.
How to Create Connection
In Kendis, connection to Jira is called "ALM Account", ALM stands for "Agile Lifecycle Management". To establish connection, you have 2 options
- Create Board Flow: When you start creating a new board, Kendis will ask you to create a new ALM account or use existing
- From Settings: Go to Settings on the left navigation and select "ALM Accounts"
Integrate Kendis to Jira Server (Accessible via Internet)
To establish a connection from Kendis to Jira Server, provide these details.
- Account Name: This is to identify and remember the connection details. Type any string value like "JIRA-Connection-A"
- URL: Type the url for your JIRA instance, e.g., https://examplesite.yournetwork.url
- Username: Type the username that you use to login to JIRA. This user must have rights to access the API at JIRA.
- API Key/Password: For Jira server users, you must use your password.
Example ALM Account Screen at Kendis
Webhook Configuration at Jira
Webhook configuration is required to send updates made at Jira to Kendis, e.g., whenever some one updates status of the user story, it will be updated automatically at Kendis.
Once the webhook is created, you will have real-time Kendis boards, that sends any updates made at Kendis to Jira instanatly and vice versa.