Kendis brings new and exciting features for the customers. Every time a new release is out, Dockerhub is updated with the latest release.
To update Kendis docker with the latest build, follow these steps
- Take the backup of your Kendis data and save it locally outside the Docker container, check this guide on how to take backup
- Open your terminal (prompt) where you run your Docker commands
- Note down the IP for your Kendis Docker container.
1) Stop your Kendis docker container (Link to guide)
> docker stop <container-id>
2) Remove Kendis docker container
> docker rm <container-id>
3) Update the Kendis build using the following command
> docker pull kendisdocker/kendis
4) Once docker is updated, simply start your container again using the command below (or the one you have used already, in case using different parameters)
> docker run --restart=always -v kendis-resources:/var/lib/kendis-resources -v kendis-logs:/var/log/kendis-logs -v kendis-backup:/var/lib/kendis-backup -v kendis-data:/var/lib/mongodb -p 8282:8080 kendisdocker/kendis
- After restarting the Kendis Docker container, check if the IP has changed.
- If you have set up SSL using Nginx then you would need to update the config file with the new IP and restart your Nginx Docker container.
- If the IP of Kendis Docker container remains the same, then no need to stop/start the Nginx Docker container.
Note: Instructions for setting up SSL using Nginx.
That's all, your docker is updated with the latest Kendis build.