In this article, we will explain, how to verify if it the webhook is configured and working properly for your Kendis Enterprise setup (Self-hosted).
Test Webhook Utility
- Go to settings on the left green bar and select "ALM Connections"
- At the top right corner, there is button "Test Webhook"
- Click on this and you will a window appearing to show the events that Kendis is receiving for webhook.
How to Test
Now make changes in Jira to ensure that a fresh webhook event at Jira is triggered.
- Go to Jira and make an edit, e.g., change the title of your Epic or change status of a story.
- Now check at Kendis webhook utility if some event appeared or not.
- If you don't see anything, then only possible cases are
- Network traffic from Jira to Kendis for this webhook call is not allowed
- URL configured at Jira for Kendis (that you got from ALM connection screen) has some typo while pasting etc.
- Events at Jira webhook for Kendis is not configured properly.
Check this article to make sure your webhook at Jira is configured properly
Webhook Test for Kendis Cloud
In case of Kendis cloud, checking the webhook is straight forward and steps are explained in this article https://help.kendis.io/en/articles/2280051-manually-create-webhook-in-jira