By default, there are three roles. Admin, User, Read-Only. In Kendis, Admin can create custom roles too.
When you assign a user or group to the board collection, you have to select the roles.
- It's recommended to remove the "Resync ALM data" role from the users, as this is an important action that can impact data on your board. Resync details are here.
- Also, make sure, delete board rights are only given to the relevant users.
Following are default roles and you can also create new roles.
An Admin can create, edit and delete a session, item, and sub-item. Import and Export rights are also given to the user.
A User is able to add or edit work items and sub-items. Import and export options are available for this role.
User can only access and view contents but not allowed to make any changes.
How to Create a User Role?
Note: Only the Super Admin can create roles
Follow these steps to create a role:
1. Click on Roles in the left side Menu.
2. Click on Add Role
3. A Pop Up Menu will appear
4. Add Role Title
5. Select the Permissions your new role will possess
6. Click Save
Your Custom Role is created.