Visually pleasing and extremely powerful, the dependency wheel summarizes all the dependencies that you have created among teams on the Kendis board into one dynamic solution.
This view is accessible in "Smart Reports" under the "Dependencies Dashboard" section
Key points are
- The names of the teams are listed on the boundary of the wheel diagram.
- The teams are differentiated with the colors that you have set while creating the teams.
- All these teams on the wheel are clickable.
- There is a mesh of lines that represent the dependencies, these lines are outgoing from a team or incoming to them.
- The width of each line is directly proportional to the number of dependency lines which means that the greater the number of dependencies, the thicker the line on the dependency wheel will be.
How Do You Know The Total Number Of Dependencies?
Once you hover on any team, a tooltip will appear that will show the total number of dependencies that exist for your selected team with other teams. When viewing the dependencies for your team, only the lines that exist for that team will be highlighted while the rest of the lines would become opaque.
What Does Hovering On The Line Show?
Whenever you hover on to a line, it will show the source and target of where the dependency line is being made along with the total number of dependencies it has.
How Do You Know If a Dependency is Outbound or Inbound?
When you hover over a team and you see the same colored lines emanating from your selected team to other teams, those are considered outbound dependencies from your selected team.
Inbound dependencies are any different colored lines from other teams that are joining into your selected team.
View Detailed Dependencies List
The detailed dependencies list will be open by clicking on the team name at the side of the circle or the line going from one team to another,
The filters for this dependency wheel will allow you to know exactly where a dependency is being created. Choose from 4 types of filters:
- Select Team: Choose one or more teams from the drop-down to view their dependencies.
- Select Sprint: Choose one or more sprints from the drop-down to view their dependencies
- Feature Relationship: This dropdown will allow you to select the dependencies between:
a. Feature to Feature: Dependencies between parent to parent items
b. Feature to Story: Dependencies between parent to child items
c. Story to Feature: Dependencies between child to parent items
d. Story to Story: Dependencies between child to child items
- Dependency Status: This dropdown will allow you to select Open or Resolved Dependencies.
The dependency wheel can be exported in order to be shared with anyone within or out of the organization. This can be done in one of the four file formats which are jpeg, png, svg, or pdf.