Kendis works with principle that there is central ALM account setup while creating a Jira connected Kendis board. Once board is created, all the changes made at the Kendis board will be reflected in JIRA "by the user" configured in ALM connection.
However, individual users should configure their own credentials to reflect the changes in JIRA by their name.
Note: If you have used your own Jira credentials/API at ALM, while setting up your board, you will still see this warning, once you provide the Jira credentials/API token again at your profile, warning will go away.
Adding Credentials at User Profile:
- Click on the profile at the left navigation bar
- Click on the "ALM Credentials"
- Provide Username
- Provide Password/API Key (For Jira Cloud users, you have to use API Token and for Jira Server use password).
- Ensure the Test Connection is successful
Now all the changes made at the Kendis Board for JIRA items will reflect correctly at the JIRA item history as changes made by the user.
How to Create an API token from your Atlassian account
- Log in to https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens.
- Click Create API token.
- From the dialog that appears, enter a memorable and concise Label for your token and click Create.
- Click Copy to clipboard, then paste the token